Protect Your Pet With Vaccinations
Vaccinations are a very important aspect of preventative medicine. Therefore, at Oak Hammock Animal Hospital in Sebring, we offer tailored pet vaccination protocols based on each animal's health, age, and lifestyle. Pet vaccinations are an important part of public safety. By vaccinating pets against contagious diseases you also help prevent them from further spreading. The State of Florida requires rabies vaccinations for all dogs and cats over the age of four months. Rabies is highly fatal to pets and humans and can be spread through contact with infected wild animals. Our clinic follows AAHA guidelines for providing rabies vaccinations which can be boosted every year or every three years for dogs. All additional vaccination plans are customized to your individual pet. Schedule an appointment today to discuss your pet's vaccine status, so they can live a long, healthy life!
We happily offer the following core and commonly recommended canine vaccines in addition to the state required Rabies vaccines.
- Distemper (DHPP)- A combination vaccine which protects your dog from four dangerous diseases: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo Virus, and Parainfluenza.
- Leptospirosis- Highly recommended for dogs in the state of Florida, this vaccine guards dogs from bacteria transmittable to pets and humans by wildlife.
- Canine Influenza-You aren't the only one who can catch the flu! Save your dog from the contagious, cold-like virus.
- Bordetella- Also known as Kennel Cough, this contagious respiratory infection is recommended for all dogs that spend time around other dogs in boarding, grooming, or dog parks.
- Lyme- Primarily recommended for dogs susceptible to tick bites, this vaccine is considered optional.
Beyond protecting your cat from rabies, our animal hospital also provides core vaccines against several other feline illnesses.
- FVRCP (Feline Distemper) - A combination vaccine which protects cats from three dangerous viral infections: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, and panleukopenia.
- Feline Leukemia - Vaccinate all kittens and social or outdoor adult cats to protect them from this highly contagious virus that is transmittable from cat to cat.